Who are we
The Sri Lanka Footwear &Leather Products Manufacturers Association was established way back in the year 1993 representing only manufactures of Footwear . In the year 2008 the constitution was changed in order to accommodate the manufacturers of Leather products . Currently it is the only Association which represents both footwear &Leather products Manufacturers. At the moment the total value of this industry exceed Rs 100 bn.
The Association today represent the entire Footwear and Leather Products manufacturers from all sectors. Association played a very important role by proposing necessary policy changes for the benefit of the sector .Specially wish to highlight how the industry was safeguarded by introducing the CESS . This help us to overcome the non availability of anti dumping regulations.
As our association plays another important role along with Export Development board encouraging moving this sector towards exports. As an outcome of making our representation in one voice to the policy makers enabled us to secure the following benefits to the sector to grow up to the current position and sustain the industry.
- Imposing cess on import of footwear to safeguard the Industry
- Gaining duty free facility for importing leather
- Market familiarization opportunities In Europe, India and China in collaboration in the Sri Lanka Export Development Board
- Stake holder of the Annual footwear &Leather Fair since year 2007 and becoming the main organizer from the year 2017.
- Facilitated subsidized bank loans without collateral to small and Medium manufactures of the sector .
- Grants for introducing advanced environmental friendly Technology .
- Commissioning of the Textile Training institute in Collaboration with the Ministry of Industry &Commerce .
- Partner of the Product Development Program of the Sri Lanka Export Development Board
- Created a forum to discuss the issues of the manufacturers of Footwear & Leather Sector
We extend our heartfelt appreciation to the Ministry of Industry & Commerce Sri Lanka Export Development Board ,and Industrial Development Board of Ceylon for their commitment and dedication to work as one family, with Sri Lanka Footwear &Leather Products Manufactures Association in fulfilling the needs of the manufacturers of the Footwear & Leather Products Industries with the availability of limited resources.
Represent the problems of Sri Lankan footwear & Leather & Leather Products Industry and its affiliates to various government, semi-government and concerned bodies.
To work closely with the relevant Ministries and Government &Semi Government Organisation
To influence through a network of affiliated groups, manufacturing trade associations and state institutions for the benefit of the Footwear & Leather industry Industry.
Promote interaction among members for development of products of international quality to address global competition in the new liberal economic environment.
Promote a healthy growth of the footwear ,Leather & Leather Products industry and its exports.
Implement programs of continued education and specialized training in footwear technology, commerce and management issues.
Organize technical and Marketing assistance for members to attain highest levels of quality.
Promote goodwill amongst Footwear &leather Products manufacturers and government bodies.
Arrange foreign collaborations, technical tie-ups and obtain concessions from the s the Government for the development of the footwear ,Leather &leather Products industry.
Safe guard the Footwear,leather & Leather Products Industry of Sri Lanka
To promote the export of Sri Lankan footwear &Leather products in the international markets.
Contribute to the promotion of economic growth of Sri Lanka